Fresh vista install w/ u1.8 and AVG-free 8

theonlyredsmurf

i have had to reinstall windows and just restarted my torrents with u1.8 and on this occasion have used AVG free 8.

my private tracker files work perfectly but my public ones keep going to the red X with Error:Access is denied.

i have read the FAQ and put in every exemption i can think of for the AV both it's path and the save paths. i have also disabled the resident shield part of the AV.

can anyone help with this the torrents have between 5 and 10 % to go i don't want to restart them from scratch

the privates are on one hdd and the publics on a different hdd.

as far as reinstall, i'm yet to see malware that can survive a full format.

they do not go to access is denied straight away they download about 1MB then do it but at different times maybe a minute appart though they are started at the same time.

i really don't see how different locations affects anything they are in the same locations they where when i was downloading them fine before format and all was happy

well moving them all to the same dir has fixed the problem. yes i know about how NTFS works but why would it work on the old install on seperate drives but not on this one??

my only conclusion is that i'm yet to finish tweaking vista and deciding if i need to turn off UAC, at least it might discourage the other half from intalling "free web anti-virus" system rape ware

Archived