utorrent is blocking all other internet traffic and not dl/uploading

OZZIE

First of all I have read the previous thread and some other threads but I haven't found any solution to my problem. Whenever I start utorrent even if there is just 1 torrent running it usually blocks all other internet traffic.

I can rule out my isp because I have this problem on different isps. I can rule out my router and modem also because it's the same on other ones too.. I can possibly even rule out windows because I got this problem BEFORE i updated to service pack 2. I got this problem before I updated to the latest utorrent (1.8) version too.. I had the previous non beta version 1.7.. something maybe??

I have even tried to lower the net.max_halfopen to 4 like someone suggested in the other thread.. I have not mixed with the windows tcpip.sys since like I said I got this problem before updating to sp 2...

I can rule out alot of things maybe except my NIC. Maybe it's breaking down.. my laptop is 3 years now...

Setting up speed to 256 k in speed guide doesn't even help! And atm I have 100/100 MB/s broadband!

Also download and upload is slow.

What do you guys think I should do?

I don't think you have 100 MegaBYTES/second symmetric internet access.

Not even in Sweden!

Maybe 100 megabits/second down...even up is unlikely to be sustainable at 100 megabits/second.

Even if you had those speeds, you'd almost certainly need a gigabit/second ethernet connection to your modem to achieve more than around 80% max speed (80 megabits/second).

Well thank you Switeck for being such a smart ass. Of course I meant 100 Megabits per second. I can never remember if it's b for bits or b for bytes or B etc..

My ISP claims to deliver 100 / 100 Mb/s anyway, I have a gigabit ethernet card on my computer and I think my router supports 100 mEgAbIts?

* Internet/WAN: 10/100 Mbps (auto-sensing) Ethernet, RJ-45

* LAN: 4 ports 10/100 Mbps (auto-sensing) Ethernet, RJ-45

On cable but I do use the wireless at 54 Mb/s...

I don't know how the providers technology works because I only have a network socket in my apartment..

I solved my problem with TCP Optimizer!

Here's a screenshot of a test I did;

http://www.neducation.eu/stuff/bredband100-100.jpg

I skipped the router in the test though with a network cable straight to my computer from the network outlet from my isp. No firewall running either ;)

I can prob get a even better result if I do the test during the night or something instead.

"Well thank you Switeck for being such a smart ass."

You CANNOT IMAGINE how many people come here with bad settings in uTorrent based on what they think their line is. Many of them have their units confused.

Are you connecting through wireless to get to the internet, or just saying you have a wireless router/network card?

Many older routers only have a 10 megabits/second Ethernet connector on the side you'd connect to a modem or WAN, but it seems you mentioned yours can go 100 megabits/second on the internet/WAN side too...

If I read your screenshot correctly, either your download or your upload (can't tell which) isn't breaking 30 megabits/second. Try testing again during the night/early morning if you get a chance.

Archived