Best Settings for 2200 Kilobits

Shadowz_O_Death

Try raising the upload speed by 5 KiloBYTES/second at a time and letting it run (with enough peers to actually USE that speed) for at least a minute to see if your connection can upload that fast.

Discover the fastest stable speed you can upload at in uTorrent that way.

...Then decrease the upload speed back down to about 20 KiloBYTES/second less than max, to handle high download speeds.

You could put the alternate upload speed a little higher than regular upload.

You probably won't like the answer this gives you:

http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html

...but it's what you're asking.

What you want also depends on what you download/upload.

Nearly dead torrents might require slightly different settings than torrents with 1000+ peers+seeds.

Even what your download max is can have an influence on your settings. If it's not much faster than your upload speed, then you won't need as many global and per-torrent connections to reach it...than if download is 10+ times greater than upload.

If you're looking to seed lots of torrents at once, then you don't need nearly as high per-torrent connection max than if you're trying to download torrents with 1000+ peers+seeds. Nor do you need upload slots set higher than normal. Seeding is better with an average upload slot speed greater than 10 KiloBYTES/second...but downloading may yield better results with average upload slot speed as low as 3 KiloBYTES/second.

In short, I can't really give you the "best settings" because I don't know exactly what you're wanting to do.

My downloading speed is 17600 kilobits per second. I tried setting "kiloBit/second" to "2048" at http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html, but it gives me different settings than if I set "Connection Type" to "xx/2Mbit" in the uTorrent Speed Guide. Is there a website that generates these settings using the same algorithm the uTorrent Speed Guide uses? If not, how can I calculate these settings myself? Thank you!

Of course they're not based on the same algorithm -- 1 was made by uTorrent and that one was made for Azureus.

As I already said:

There is no perfect fit formula.

There is a rather large range of values that work about as well as any other.

...And there's also considerations that have to be taken for special cases.

For your line,

Average upload slot speed needs to be at least 3 KiloBYTES/second...and won't gain much download speed if greater than 10 KiloBYTES/second while downloading. But while seeding average upload slot speed could probably be as high as 20 KiloBYTES/second.

It's also bad for wireless connections and dial-up.

"I do not see why this is so hard to accomplish."

It's hard because you're expecting the computer to know what you want to do.

The best settings for pure seeding of mostly dead torrents is not nearly the same for trying to download only 1 or 2 really busy but huge torrents at once.

I understand that it depends on what you want to do, but what the uTorrent Speed Guide wants you to do is what I want to do. Let's put it this way... Let's say, hyperthetically speaking (or typing, if you prefer), the uTorrent Speed Guide has the option "xx/2200k" as a "Connection Type." If I were to choose this option, what would be the settings that the uTorrent Speed Guide would generate for me? What algorithm would I use to calculate these settings? If you do not know the answer, I do not see a reason for you to reply. Thank you and I hope you understand.

Simple, the values would remain virtually unchanged for everything but upload speed from the xx/2Mbit setting.

And that would only increase by 15-19 KiloBYTES/second.

I'd allow 1 more active torrent (10 total).

But the GLOBAL connection max will totally overload almost all consumer networking hardware and software! (NOTE: You'd probably only need a couple busy torrents to do it!)

Archived