Random Lock up and Non responsive utorrent

upinsmk420

Yes i have a problem i just randomly updated to Windows vista Ultimate X86 and not utorrent 1.8 just runs nice loads with no problem but after a few hours of running it becomes unresponsive and i can not end task or even end the process only way to get it to shut down is to restart the computer witch i can do and it will end the process that way but im at a lose for ideas on what it could be

im runing Zone alarm Security suite i have droped all firewall down on it even uninstalled it once and did not help it a bit so i reinstalled it.

When it freezes again... You can actually force a crash dump to be generated, like so:

In the Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer, look for the [PID] of the µTorrent process. From there, File > Run > ntsd.exe -p [PID] -e [PID] -c ".dump c:\jit.dmp;q"

where [PID] needs to be replaced with the PID of the µTorrent process found in the process list viewer (don't include square brackets). The resulting dump can be found as c:\jit.dmp. Do this when µTorrent hangs, and post the dump.

Upload the dump to mediafire.com or zshare.net.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work under Vista. Here's the newer copy-paste snippet :)

You can actually force a crash dump to be generated, like so:

In the Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer, look for the [PID] of the µTorrent process. From there, File > Run > ntsd.exe -p [PID] -e [PID] -c ".dump c:\jit.dmp;q"

where [PID] needs to be replaced with the PID of the µTorrent process found in the process list viewer (don't include square brackets). The resulting dump can be found as c:\jit.dmp. Do this when µTorrent hangs, and post the dump.

Under Windows Vista, ntsd.exe no longer comes installed by default. In this case, users can force a crash dump to be generated via Task Manager's right-click context menu for the µTorrent process, compress it, then upload it.

Upload the dump to mediafire.com or savefile.com.

Archived