My internet is cutting down periodically with µTorrent?

M. Shaaban

I have a linksys router "WAG200G". I have upgraded to the latest firmware -version 1.01.06. My internet is cutting down periodically with µTorrent, it only happens when downloading torrent files not with direct download nor browsing. It was much worse with BitComet, it was constantly cutting down that's why I switched to µTorrent and turned out to be better in every way.

This is how it happens; the DSL LED is on but the internet LED turns red for about a minute then works again.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it a wrong configuration with my router? Hope to find a solution here. Thansk in advance!

You restarted the router before seeing if the changes worked right? And you're sure it only happens with µT running? Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools > Event Viewer > System. Have any events with an ID of 4226? Continue using lower settings in µT, especially global max connections, and disabling DHT.

Turn off DHT (both kinds).

Disable Local Peer Discovery. (next to DHT)

Disable Resolve IPs under the Peers Window. (That's expensive window-dressing considering it doesn't help download+upload speeds any.)

Reduce half open connection max to maybe 1-4. (You're not firewalled in µTorrent, right? ...so it shouldn't hurt as much as you might think!)

Disable resolve country flags in advanced.

If you've manually port forwarded your router, or don't have a router, Disable UPnP in µTorrent.

Archived