Speed Increase then madly decrease

Khaled_Ibrahim

I am using version 1.8 , problem persist also on Azureus , i have a 256 connection , when i start ANY torrent download ( direct links works perfectly ) speed goes 20 kbps which is okay , then goes back to 1 kbps , then up to 12 then 4 then 15 then 2 , which drives me crazy , router is okay was working 2 weeks ago perfectly ( linksys ag241 ) , all ports open , torrent health is okay , NAT okay , Ratio okay , MTU 1492 which is okay , ISP enables torrents as much as i know , this problem started 2 weeks ago , cant find anyway to fix it !

anyone familiar with anything like this ?

1st and 2nd link in my signature.

1st one is for troubleshooting, and tells you what information you'll need to give us if the problem isn't solved quickly.

Did the OpenOffice test torrent download fast?

(No need to download all of it, it's just a DOWNLOAD SPEED test.)

2nd link gives suggested settings for uTorrent based on your max sustainable UPLOAD speed.

You probably need to try the 64 kilobits/second setting.

Turn off DHT (both kinds).

Disable Local Peer Discovery. (next to DHT)

Disable Resolve IPs under the Peers Window. (That's expensive window-dressing considering it doesn't help download+upload speeds any.)

Reduce half open connection max to maybe 1-4. (You're not firewalled in µTorrent, right? ...so it shouldn't hurt as much as you might think!)

Disable resolve country flags in advanced.

If you've manually port forwarded your router, or don't have a router, Disable UPnP in µTorrent.

Archived