My browser wont load when im using utorrent

kwangqengelele

I would think it had something to do with bandwidth if everything were slowing down, but whenever utorrent isnt running, my browser load very fast, no problem. But when utorrent is running, its not the broswer slowing down, it acts as though my internet connection has gone down, but only the browser does that. I can open my instant messenger and it acts fine, so it really seems like something i did messing with my utorrent preferences. Thanks for any help

Have you got PeerGuardian installed? Apparently people have been having really bad trouble with it and utorrent.

Just make sure that HTTP Blocking is off and all other security apps arnt blocking the internet browser from loading.

By the way what browser does this apply to? ie6, ie7, Firefox 2.0,3.0 if you dont have firefox installed, install it and see if the block still applies.

As is wrote try the other options b4 installing firefox.

Hope this helps?

Hmm odd, because before 1.8 uTorrent worked literally, perfect with the settings I had, now its just not letting me browse, my halfopen is still at the stock number because I am on Vista and there is no "true" tcp/ip patch that works like the XP one does as far as I know, even in the directions on here it says "no garuntees". So I don't know why all of a sudden I would have to change that value when it was working PERFECTLY before the 1.8 update, but most of the trackers I visit urged a 1.8 update so I can't really go back to 1.7.x. Also, it used to work fine with 1.8 Stable, but now after I installed that way unstable release from a few days ago *Before* it was declared unstable by the admin, it has been crap for browsing. The pages DO load, but it takes a good 5 minutes for the connection to even start, and no its not a bandwidth problem because I can be doing 0/0 and it will still be like this.

That's the thing it never was or is going to be set above that yet it still is giving me issues when it worked PERFECT before. No problems at all. I guess it was the beta that killed it and I should just uninstall or something? Unless anyone has any other ideas, because I checked the settings and they didn't change a bit from when they worked fine.

Well, that semi-worked when I lowered it to 2 -----4 and 6 were the same result as 8. It still has a long wait gap sometimes before loading a page that it NEVER had before. It still doesn't work anything close as well as it used to. The gaps of time in between loading a page is anywhere from 0-50 seconds. For instance, this page took ~30 secs to start loading, but the page I loaded before this took ~5 secs to start loading. Also, I don't see why I would have to lower the limit NOW, when it worked PERFECT before. It seems that it is only a temporary fix as it didn't remove the problem completely. Any other ideas that might permanently put uTorrent back to its fully compatible and working state?

I'm having the same exact problem, whenever I start utorrent I cannot use my browser anymore. Irc and messenger still work without any problems. It affects both firefox 3.0.1 and Avant Browser that I use instead of IE (they're basically the same I believe). In firefox, when I try to load any page, simply nothing happens. In avant it says my connection is broken. As soon as I shut down utorrent, my browsers work without any problems again. Also if I stop all the torrents my browser starts working.

I never had any problems until I upgraded to 1.8, after I noticed the problems I downgraded back to 1.7.7. but it didn't help.

I checked the event viewer and there are some 4226's for earlier days but none for today so that's not causing it.

It also gives this error from time to time when I'm trying to upgrade tracker status: "An Operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full." Seems like it could be connected to the main problem.

It's weird that earlier I have been able to have a dozen torrents open at once without any connection problems, now it seems that opening more than one starts the problems.

Got it working now, running 10+ torrents at once with no problems.

Again downgraded back to 1.7.7. and this time I also deleted the settings folder, I suppose there's some setting that 1.8 changes that doesn't revert back if you just reinstall 1.7.7 without deleting the settings.

So just that you developers know, there is some kinda problem with 1.8 and using a browser, that isn't connected to for example how many connections I have set in the settings, as I used the same settings as in 1.7.7.

Also, if this is any help, the browser didn't always simply not load anything, from time to time it loaded only half the page, sometimes some of the pictures were missing, other times it loaded a "text only" version of the page I was trying to view.

And when I used 1.8 for the final time, the problems didn't even go away when I shut down the program, as they had done in the past, but I had to boot my computed and my router.

As for my configuration, I have winxp sp2, no firewall (except the one with windows) and a-link rr 24ap.

• 2 months later...

hi! same (almost identical) like Caboom, but for me there's one shocking difference: it doesn't matter which version I use (1.7.7 or 1.8) it's been the same issue since I'm using utorrent from the very first moment, and!! for not leaving any doubt of it; I have got even to format the computer and reinstall the OS again, but the problem persist, in fact, I have a post from one year ago in "Port Forwarding" forum which talks about this, but with no result... and another detail is that both (1.7.7 or 1.8) work fine only at the beginning when they are recently installed, but when I start the browser for the third time or so, the nightmare begins (perhaps because utorrent started using the ports already), I don't know...I strongly hope to find the solution here 'cause this is very very annoying :-( Thanks in advance to all of you for any possible help and for being always there.

Sr URBI: I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but I don't see any notable change in my browser; it remains with the same problem when utorrent is working...or what am I supposed to experience after I restarted, do I have to wait till it get warmed :-) (just a little bit of humor) sorry! well in any case thanks so much for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Just extract that archive,select English as interface language and write value 100,then click Add to tcpip.sys file.

You shoul also set net.max_halfopen to higher value (90 is good). And after restart computer you will see the result(I hope so:D )

Archived