"Warning: file integrity check failed..."

rowerforever

So, this morning I went to boot up my laptop, and I encountered a blue screen that told me it was checking my C:\ Drive. When all was said and done it had deleted some files and recovered them (I hope all of them, but as of late it seems not). When I opened uTorrent, I went to the Logger tab and tried to figure out where my 2 downloads had gone. When I left this morning before I shut down my laptop to come to work, I had 2 files going, one was 97.7% complete (1 hour left to finish) and one had just started but had 5 hours to finish.

These are the error messages that I received in the Logger:

-Warning: file integrity check failed (hash doesn't match): C:\Documents and Settings\(name)\Application Data\uTorrent\resume.dat

-Ignore this warning if you switched to 1.6.1 or older and back

-The file 'C:\Documents and Settings\(name)\Application Data\uTorrent\resume.dat' wsas damaged/missing. It has been recovered.

When I download the torrent, it goes straight into uTorrent and starts downloading automatically.

So, where might my files be??? Any information would be great. (Please keep in mind I do not know much about computers...) THANKS!!! =0)

The data is probably still there, but the resume data appears to have been damaged by the crash, what do you see in Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent? If you reload the torrents and point it to the old data it should continue from there after checking it.

Do you crash often?

Whenever I went to find something through the run program, it always came back with an error saying that it cant find that cant find my documents folder. What I ended up doing was somehow refinding the files and hoping that I chose the right ones. Luckily I did and when I put them into uTorrent they ran a check on themselves and continued where they left off. Im not sure exactly where the resume data was stored, because I searched for it for a while, but it ended up coming back.

Thanks!

Archived