I am reformatting: What procedures should I take?

GbeTech

Mainly there are two things I need to take care of.

First: Incomplete torrents, which are stored in the temp directory and not in their destination.

Second: Completed downloads which I want to keep seeding, and are stored in their destination.

After I have finished messing with the OS, Drivers etc I will install uTorrent.

Now how do I retrieve the aformentioned torrents to uTorrent? Both the complete and the incomplete ones.

I have backed up everything in an external HD - the finished-torrents directory and the temp directory.

If you can maintain the directory structures of your data and put the appdata in place, it should continue as it were before a reformat. Your appdata contains the data on the files to-be-downloaded, so you need to worry about keeping everything else in the right place.

So if I backup the directory of the data, the temp folder and the Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\uTorrent folder as is, and then place them in the right place after the reformat, everything will be back as before?

The torrents themselves

The downloaded percentage of the torrents

The ratio?

Yes, as long as your drive is reliable :P

The only foreseeable issue is that data not placed correctly or slightly corrupted will need re-targeting and re-checking. If you right-click a torrent you can pick set download location from advanced. Try to keep things as is though.

That's what I was looking for :)

My current system is devided into 3 partitions, I will probably install the new one in another way.

So inevitably I will have to set the new download location etc.

Thank you very much, I hope I won't get into further trouble :)

Archived