Web Browser/ # of Torrents Seeding

Hyosung

Dear Readers,

This has been at the top of my mind for the longest time but I just never really expressed it. And there have been some Threads that seem to tie in with my problem and didn't want to clutter those up so I thought to create a new thread.

I have followed all procedures to optimize my Torrent Speeds. And for my Speed Guide(Settings) I used the 'Suggested Settings', opposed to the Speed Guides, using the 1Mb option. My halfopen is set at '3'

But my question is... Does the amount of Torrents seeding affect the Browser Speed? What I mean is... Although I have let's say over 100 torrents 'seeding', they aren't actually seeding most of the time (Where a leecher is downloading), so most just stay there seeding without peers. And in doing that, I am not sure if it affects the browser speed at all.

Given that my torrents that are loaded are for a Private Tracker so I just leave them all open to seed.

Thanks.

Eventually, you can have enough torrents monitored by uTorrent that it does affect browser speed...even if upload/download speeds are "trivial" compared to the speed of a 100 megabits/second LAN network. This is due to CPU usage and file access speeds...though torrent file accesses should only be going on for updating trackers and torrents actively uploading.

I would expect the number of torrents to affect browsing if the torrents are 99+% dead...to be well in excess of 1000. Maybe even over 10000 on a really stable very fast computer.

I just counted hehe was bored at currently have 100 Torrents 'seeding', but again not all are actually seeding to leechers.

And sorry but from your explanation, wasn't too sure how to make it out. So what i got out of it was, it shouldn't really affect me too much given I am not 'force-seeding' the torrents.

---

EDIT:

And also I read elsewhere in one of your posts that Disabling DHT could free up some bandwidth but to leave Peer Exchange Enabled correct?

I see, cause yeah I have a Netgear WGR614 v7, and hehe friends tell me Netgear sucks, but yeah won't be buying a new one anytime soon. And since DHT does hinder the net/router, I might as well have it disabled.

But in that case would I leave Peer Exchange / Local Peer Discovery enabled or disabled as well?

Archived