WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Directrix

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever gets implemented in the API will generally be implemented in the actual UI. As is right now, a lot of the most requested features for WebUI have been limited by the backend support.

Download bars... aren't really possible in web browsers. At least not free-floating bars as found in µTorrent itself. Separate popup windows would have their own window decorations, which make them less than useful.

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks for an outstanding piece of work.

I seem to be unable to add torrents using Magnet URIs, in the Web UI. They add fine via the Windows client (and also show up immediately on the Web UI when added via the Windows client). What I'm doing is pasting the Magnet URI into the Torrent URL field of the Add Torrent dialog. Am I doing something wrong?

I realise that Bassboy asked a similar question a few months ago -- I'm just chiming in in case it isn't exactly the same issue :)

Thanks for noting that.

I've noticed what I think might be another bug, as well. When I set a value for "Seed While Ratio is: <= x%" in the Queuing tab of the Preferences dialog, it appears not to affect seeding as I'd expect. For instance, setting the value to 100% doesn't cause seeding to cease for torrents at a ratio value of 1.000.

Or am I misundertanding the intention? Perhaps to do with the ration expressed as a percentage in the dialog and as a decimal value in the main screen?

• 2 weeks later...

I found 2 possible bugs in WebUI v0.361:

1) When I removed a torrent via WebUI, it was not removed from the display. In fact, at one point there were two torrents with the same number. I confirmed later that uTorrent (v1.8.2) had actually removed the torrent.

2) Adding torrents worked fine, except that there was no popup dialog that would allow me to set the destination path, etc. I presume this is how it is supposed to work, is it? I found later that torrents were being added with the destination path set to my user directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\) instead of defaulting to "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Downloads\." If no popup dialog, at least they should default to the same place.

Because of the second issue, I would like to be able to move the data back into the Downloads directory, where it belongs - is there any way to do this?

I am running Vista/MSIE8rc1 (compatibility mode) on my laptop where I was using the webUI, XP-MCEsp3 where uTorrent is running.

BTW, you should check for compatibility with MSIE8 because there were some display issues - that is why I had to run in compatibility mode.

I would have submitted this at the WebUI Trac, but the link to it (http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/) appears to be broken (404 error).

Thanks...

Yeah, Trac is down due to server maintenance. You'll notice a new site design is moving into this site, and all kinds of things are in flux on the web server at the moment.

1. Never seen that happen.

2. Anything related to download locations are unimplemented in the WebUI backend. For one thing, security and privacy concerns need to be mitigated before they can be implemented.

Thanks for the response.

As for #1, it did happen, with multiple torrents (at least 2-3).

As for #2, why not let the computer running uTorrent decide what is to be the default path?

BTW, I did a little more searching and was able to get my files moved around to their proper locations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem with this version of WebUI. After certain actions (for example adding a torrent) I cannot access the remote computer anymore, the UI freezes. If I try to reconnect or refresh, it says 'invalid request'. Then if I look in the preferences of uTorrent on the remote computer, I can see that the access restriction is set to 'NaN'. If I set is to nothing, it works again. Can anyone help me fixing this?

I am running WinXP SP3, uTorrent 1.7.7, webUI v0.361

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Hi all,

Has faced such problem. In the client of 150 tasks (the most part is stopped, but it is not important). When you come through WEb UI it is displayed only the first 50 of sorted (at sorting change others are displayed 50). This functional restriction or a bug?

There's a page changer at the bottom of the torrent list view. The reason only 50 are shown at a time is because generating list items for too many torrents in one shot can be slow and time consuming. You can modify the limit in Preferences > Web UI > Max. rows per page.

How to change a position downloading in the list of loaded files?

If a position to operate it is impossible, very much it would be desirable to have such possibility.

Как менять позицию закачки в списке загружаемых файлов?

Если позицией управлять нельзя, то очень хочется иметь такую возможность.

Archived