WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Directrix

@jewelisheaven: It would require a change to the backend. Paging doesn't so much lower bandwidth as it does lower memory and CPU usage to generate all the list items. the same amount of bandwidth is used regardless of the number of items shown in the list.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my main reasons is that one of my main (private) torrent sites that I use only allows utorrent up to 1.6.1 (they won't say why). what is the oldest version that webui supports?

Also, I just downloaded the latest version of uTorrent and the latest version of webui and I'm still getting "invalid request"... so any ideas now?

@ultima: the "Restrict access to the following IPs" option is set to NaN

@jewelisheaven: all of 'em.....IE 5, 5.5, 6 & 7, Firefox 2 & 3, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera...

My Windows Firewall is disabled and I'm running Comodo Firewall, which is the only other thing I can think of that MAY be blocking access, but utorrent has full access rights, AND if I exit out of Comodo and try the webui, it still gives me the "invalid request".

On top of that, if Comodo actually was blocking access, then I technically shouldn't have even gotten the "invalid request" error, it just shouldn't have loaded anything at all. To further emphasize that fact, comodo wouldn't block access from localhost or 127.0.0.1, only if I was accessing it from the external IP.

It is unclear to me what exactly "Not a Number" means in the context of that option. I sure hope you didn't actually put that (or anything) the IP restriction field.

What if you try removing webui.zip from the settings directory? What does µTorrent's Logger tab show?

although it's disabled, there is also a "NaN" value in the Guest account username field. So I just assumed it was a default value (for whatever reason). S I just figured it should be there. Like you said, something else must have screwed with it.

EDIT: Although I do remember reading something in a thread about webui on this or another forum about a guy who said "NaN" kept automatically being entered in one or more of the webui preferences fields. Maybe it was the old version of uTorrent ??? Regardless, I've upgraded. (and the torrent site I go to still works, even though the FAQs specifically say only up to v1.6.1 is supported)

EDIT 2: Ah... see I knew I wasn't going crazy:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=362425#p362425 (this thread)... post #148.. and post #149 says (and I quote):

I found the problem and it'll be fixed in the forthcoming version. If you/someone else see(s) other "NaN" fields please let us know.

I guess I should have read more, but it was something to do with webui. I was using the legacy version before and I guess it kept the settings even after upgrading.

But yes, it's all working now. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot.

iirc there is a minor bug with upgrading from certain versions that will cause certain settings to be set to NaN.

In the case of the webui ip restriction list the result is that everyone is banned from the webui. Banned users just get to see Invalid Request, this is basically a stealth-mode because if the webui wasn't activated at all you would also see Invalid Request. This way banned users won't know if they are banned or if the webui simply isn't activated.

More about Invalid Request and it's causes here.

I haven't had time to read the whole topic so if this has been mentioned I do apologise.

The webui seems to miss the day part of ETA out if a torrent has more than 24hours left.

EG: on the Client it will say 2d 13h whereas the webui will just say 13h.

Cheers

K3ckham

Archived