WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Directrix

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw 1.6.1 was released by BitTorrent, Inc. too. If the spyware FUD is the reason for banning the current version they are even bigger idiots...

@articuno1au:

You might be zipping up the folder. You shouldn't r-click on the folder and zip it. The files need to be in the root of the zip. Go inside the webui folder select all the files and folders and then r-click on one and copy to compressed folder. That should do the trick.

Upgrade to 1.8.1. If you can't convince the tracker to allow 1.6.1 (despite the fact that 1.6.1 is released by BT), then find a tracker with more intelligent admins.

Any decent tracker allows it nowadays.

If anything, I'd be suspicious of THEIR motives, because it's possible to remotely exploit older clients.

It's not tracker URL -- it's torrent URL. It's add torrent by URL. Combining them into one form would make little sense -- both methods are mutually exclusive. You can't add by both an uploaded .torrent and a URL in one form submission; it's one or the other. To be more correct, it's technically possible, but it's really bad design to mash two separate features and force them to work simultaneously every time the form is submitted.

There are other possibilities, like separating the dialogs, or adding some combobox/tab to switch between the two methods, but considering the sizes of the forms (they're small), separating them isn't any better. As long as a separation between the two methods is made clear (padding the space between them should, IMO, be sufficient), it's fine as is.

Got it, thanks. So it works either by upload or by getting .torrent file via http (just like command in uT), WebUI backend can choose which action to take by the submitted data. It would simplify that dialog.

edit: OK, that makes sense. Lets see what Directrix thinks about above thoughts :)

No... One is a multipart form upload using POST, the other is a simple HTTP GET request. You don't mash them together; the two mechanisms are completely different. There's no reason the backend should try to interpret the input in a command where the inputs are wildly different. If a UI wants to use a specific method, what happens when the backend misinterprets? The UI won't get what it wants. So that's why the two actions need to be separated, and the UI should figure out which exact command the backend should execute instead.

That could be added I think, unfortunately I feel it should be disabled by default. With the webui pumping data out already at 100s of bytes per loaded torrent... I think much more data would negate the usefulness of a ... web front-end. If you want ALL of the trimmings of the GUI, don't use the webui.

Ok is it usual for the webui not to display all of the seed numbers properly when the torrent is seeding but no one is downloading the torrent off you?

I am meaning when no one is downloading of me i get 0 seeds it says but then i check on utorrent itself it has about 56.

But when someone is leeching of me it displays the no of seeds and peers perfectly.

Is this a bug or should i just expect this. (it is not major but still would like to know if some 1 else apart from me is seeding the file without going back to the program itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to remove "force start" (following this topic http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=36945)

"You'll have to find and remove all instances of ContextMenu.add(["Force Start", ...]) from script.js, like:

ContextMenu.add(["Force Start"]);

ContextMenu.add(["Force Start","utWebUI.ForceStart()"]);

"

But i can't find script.js in webui 0.361.

Help me please

Thank you in advance.

That's because that suggestion was for an old version of WebUI, not v0.361...

In webui.js, remove:

if(!(A&64)){ContextMenu.add([lang[CONST.ML_FORCE_START]])}else{ContextMenu.add(D)}

Then replace webui.js. If you see webui.js.gz, extract the webui.js from the file, edit that extracted file, then re-add webui.js into webui.zip and remove webui.js.gz from the zip file.

Archived