Possible to choose destination of download in WebUI?

osen

I've configured uTorrent with Web UI on my server and it works great, BUT, is there any way to choose a destination folder on the server? I don't like to have everything in the same folder, for example, I want one folder for Linux iso's, one for music, one for movies and so on. Is this possible? Am I missing something really simple?

Any input is appreciated.

Wow, thank you for the fast reply :)

Yes, the security of course crossed my mind, but is it really necessary to browse the entire computer? Would it not be possible to assign some folders that would be accessible from the Web UI? For example \\Server\Downloads\Music(\Movies and so on ...) You would then be able to choose the destination from those folders only.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually you can do this with the help of my command-line utility. It lets you specify download dir for a specific torrent submit, like this:

utorrentctl.py -a file.torrent --dir /home/user/downloads

It will temporarily change dir_active_download setting to your value and will change back after submit. I use it as a part of batch job that submits all *.torrent files from my local download dir. The utility is here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=85684

• 1 year later...
In the preferences you can specify a folder to move completed torrents to, and there is a checkbox to append the torrent's label to the path. So as a workaround, you could label the torrent through the WebUI to get it a sub folder.

If you can get to the torrent quick enough (small torrents) or set them not to start automatically then this works thanks!

Will there ever be the option to move the location of downloaded torrents by labelling them AFTER download?

Would be a nice quick way for me to tidy up all the downloaded data that is in the default directory.

Archived