Can someone explain whats going on in this pic

Jon

http://personalpages.tds.net/~x586/Example%201.jpg

In this pic I have 2 active torrent and Looking at the bottom half, top line, 1st peer, you see this guy is getting almost 4 times what he is giving, and he has 9 request pending. Is he cheating so to speak, I see this sort of thing fairly often. I almost never see more then 2 request from me to anyone else, and most people have no more then 3 at a time to me. However there often seems to 1-2 in the lot of them that always take way more then they give and have lots of request pending. Often it will stay like that until they finish or I take action to stop/slow them down.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~x586/Example%201.jpg

In this pic I have 2 active torrent and Looking at the bottom half, top line, 1st peer, you see this guy is getting almost 4 times what he is giving, and he has 9 request pending. Is he cheating so to speak, I see this sort of thing fairly often.

I don't think requesting a lot is considered "cheating", just being aggressive. What is generally considered cheating is cycling the connection ON and OFF to get more optimistic unchokes, or worse, lying about your statistics. Who knows, he might have a legitimate use for all the pieces he's requesting. He's probably not a leech - the Peer Download suggests (if I'm reading this right), he's uploading to people at a most respectable rate, of which over a quarter (8/31) is coming to you.

Uploading more than you download is quite common in my experience, especially when your pool is nearly empty. You peak around the middle of your download, and then the last few pieces you tend to slow a bit again.

I almost never see more then 2 request from me to anyone else, and most people have no more then 3 at a time to me. However there often seems to 1-2 in the lot of them that always take way more then they give and have lots of request pending. Often it will stay like that until they finish or I take action to stop/slow them down.

Question: How did you get uTorrent to stop/slow a particular peer?

currently i have a BC peer offering me 120+KiB/s constantly for several hours, Req: 40+|1, and my upload to him only 35KiB/s, should i consider µT a leech/aggresive client?

the thing is i'm on a limited connection, and he's an unlimited .edu.xx connection and capable for every upload slots 100+KiB/s. i am a leecher to him, but i seed to others full-speed to ratio 120%

That wasn't really the best example screenshot, but often I see 1-2 people giving 4-6 and taking 20-30. It just doesn't seem fair for 1-2 people to get 60-80% of the bandwidth. Especially when seeding, and you see Jack 96.2 percent getting 3KB but Jill 9% is getting 22KB. Also when downloading wouldn't this slow you down? Jack and Jill taking 20KB each, but only returning 5KB each, but the other 7 people get 10KB divided between them their not going to give much/any back.

The BitTorrent protocol is designed to work these things out using the "tit-for-tat" algorithm. I suppose there might be a few "cheaters", but it's difficult to tell from the limited data you have.

I suggest you just live with it... and again, if you're concerned about people taking more than they give, join a private site.

Archived