Problem witch open files

NkD

Why i get message when i open file (avi, mpg) "There was an error opening one or more of the files you tried open. Maybe the file hasn't been fully downloaded yet ?"

File is often succesfully complet, but utorrent thinking that is bad/wrong/uncomplete.

I wish correct this "bug", and i wish no control in this category, because often i downloading avi and i can view part of this before complete downloading and i need not any stupid control by utorrent. Often goes open uncomplete avi/mpg file and utorrent it denied....

Sry, my English is poor

Force Re-Check is solution for complete downloaded torrent, but i want open uncomplete download avi too ! There is utorrent blocked and popup "error" message. I wish: utorrent not control this and open file by user anytime.

splintax its possible under Azureus why not?

Opening a file does not change any of the data of the file it just reads the info (though windows keeps a record when something has be accessed somewhere else). So there will be no cause of consern to that regard. So why is it a bad idea?

• 1 month later...

why is this on feature requests?

i had this problem once, and it was cauze my media player wasn't default to open some file types so utorrent didnt know what to open it with, besides it seems like u were trying to open it when still downloading it, and unless u open every media file with vlc that isnt a good idea as it makes conflict when reading/writing same file with different apps, and that it is possible with azureus doesnt make it right

Archived