Not Connectable Icon But Ports are Forwarded!

j_colman

I have successfully set up my router to forward my ports. If I "test if port is forwarded properly" in the Speed Guide, it says that it is "ok". Yet I have the red exclamation point icon that says "not connectable".

Can anyone help?

I am using uTorrent 1.8, Windows XP, Zyxel P-330W router.

In my experiences using uT, the icon will stay yellow triangle until you have at least one active inbound connection, despite the settings being correct. Try updating Tracker on something; it should help speed up the change in the icon, as it will resubmit your IP to the tracker, potentially giving you more connection attempts.

Also, check Windows built in firewall and be sure to allow uT there without any restrictions.

I have already disabled UPnP and DHT. I am NOT using Windows Firewall or any other software firewall. Whether I am at home or in the office I am behind a router with its own built-in firewall so I don't run anything on the PC.

The icon starts as yellow but then it turns red. But I am sure that port forwarding is set up correctly since uTorrent itself tells me so from its web page!

in addition to connecting directly to the modem, i recommend you look at the modems configuration page, as most current model modems for broadband are also routers and need to be configured just as any other router would in order to successfully forward a port or range of ports.

I don't understand. The cable modem is a Terayon TJ715x. It is not a router. I am using a Zyxel P-330w as my wireless router. I followed the instructions for implementing port forwarding and, once I disable UPnP support, uTorrent agreed that my port forwarding was working. But, I still get the red icon. Why would this make sense? Any why would you say that my ports are not being forwarded even if it says it is?

I am trying to use uTorrent to circumvent Comcast's throttling of BitTorrent traffic. I have enabled protocol encryption (not forced) and allowed incoming legacy connections. Is any of this relevant to my problem?

Are yuo suggesting that connecting straight to the modem is the only way to make this work or as a means of diagnosis? I cannot connect straight to the modem because than noone else will be able to do anything while I am downloading. So what are you suggesting exactly?

Also, I confirmed through another site (YouGetSignal.com) that port 29457 is, in fact, opened on my router. Is it possible that it is opened on my router but still, somehow, not being forwarded?

If your Zyxel P-330W router has firewall - make WAN to LAN rule to allow packets with TCP protocol come to uTorrent port (29457 or whatever you use).

And here is one more thing. If you're using UPnP with Zyxel router - go to "Preferences | Advanced" and change the option: "nat.upnp_tcp_only"="true". If you are not - make sure that in the router you have forwarded port 29457, protocol TCP to your computer.

Archived