A error message, that I do not understand.

drragostea

I'm not sure there is a FAQ for the error messages... but I would like to know what this error message means:

ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 4>3

and there were a whole bunch more (that were similarly like that) in the Logger tab.

What do they mean? Is this something I should be concerned about?

So, windows has a limit of the maximum number of connections you an attempt to open every set interval. uTorrent in default settings keeps under this, but more prevalent than people thought, was that something in uTorrent 1.8 was different than the previous version which caused more than the expected amount of people to complain of network instability. This message was added to indicate the difference between what windows sees the half-open as, and what uTorrent sees.

When you call someone via telephone, you dial and wait for the other person to pick up. The same thing basically happens when you try to connect to someone -- you attempt to connect to them, but the connection isn't established until they actually respond telling you "yeah, I'm here." While you're still waiting for a response from the other end, the connection is considered a half-open connection. Windows from XP w/SP2 and higher limits the number of half-open connections simultaneously available to the entire system.

Thanks Ultima for your knowledge. I understand now...

So basically... the tracker site was not "accepting" my connections?

Since, the tracker site said, it could not be reached, because the target computer actively blocked my request. Or it was something similar to that.

Is it like that Ultima.

Well, it's not necessarily the tracker -- it could also happen when attempting to connect to other peers.

Target computer actively blocking your request is not a symptom of the issue -- that simply means that the tracker is blocking your request for whatever reason (perhaps the tracker doesn't allow beta clients).

Archived