Connectivity/port forwarding problems

Xabriel

My connectivity icon has been changing between red and yellow randomly. And every now and then it will go green. I'm still downloading things, but most are under 20K a second.

I've forwarded ports, I've tweaked a bunch of settings, I've even tried DMZplus mode Nothing seems to work. Even testing the port I forwarded only works randomly (almost never now). I cannot figure out what the problem is.

I used to have quite good speed and everything seemed to work fine, ports, connections, etc. But it seems to just be slowly deteriorating.

uTorrent v 1.8.1

Router: 2wire 3800HGV-B Gateway

Firewall: COMODO Firewall Pro

I'm running peergaurdian2 with lists from bluetack's BlockListManager

Well.. what's "good speeds"?

Have you tried turning off PG? what about not running Comodo? Does your speed increase through DMZ in the gateway? What about when not using the 2wire and connecting directly to your modem?

Have you verified your connection can get faster speeds with http://slackware.com/torrents/ ? Did you try the sticky?

Good speeds have peaked around 1.5 Mbps total, I usually average around 600-700Kbps.

I have tried without PG, comodo should not be an issue because I have added uTorrent as an exception and added uTorrent's port to the port sets. I did not notice any difference when I had DMZ enabled.

I would love to bypass 2wire but it is the modem.

I get ok speeds on slackware, but nowhere near what I used to get.

I've tried multiple stickies -_-

Is it possible you've just been shaped by your ISP?... what are your current Speed Guide settings? Have you lowered and turned off the extra presence features which may allow a p2p-hostile ISP to detect and kill any filesharing activities you use? You're not using an IANA established port for traffic are you?

how in the world do i fix the port for incoming connections? i can't even find how to post on this site..:(. I went to the help site, found my router, and tried to follow directions. the windows that open on screen are not the same as in the manual. i have no where to enter my ip static address...please help!!!!! thanks.

Archived