Connecting to Seeds/Peers

funkin182

Hi, utorrent has been working fine since i first downloaded it ages ago. Never had any problems usually it connected to about 20 seeds straight away and id get good speeds. But when it updated to 1.8 the other day problems arose. I open it and mcafee asks to allow and i did but it wont connect to anyone. There are seeds and peers in the

'swarm' but none connect. Any others with this issue? Are there new ports for 1.8 you gotta open or anything?

Please help me

McAfee, oh joy! First, see if removing the old rule you made for uTorrent, the new rule it apparently added, and adding a brand new rule for the utorrent.exe fixes your problem right away.

After that... here goes nothing. Nope, no extra ports or anything need to be opened, but many applications including those all-too-common software suites including mcafee and norton(symantec) auto-deny new applications even/especially when the EXE seems to have changed instantly. This would be caused in uTorrent's case by the auto-update mechanism.

After that, check with one of the testing torrents http://slackware.com/torrents/ for instance, and please update your status here :)

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... Just when you think things are gonna be esy haha. It didnt work im sorry to say. Another thing ive noticed though is that if you just mouse over the tray icon every now and then it says 1kb upload. Also when utorrent is open my browser is extremely slow to load pages so it must be doing something with my bandwidth. Dunno if thats significant but thanks for trying to help either way! Is there much else i can try?

-frank

p.s. heres a screen

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35265228dx6.jpg%7Boption%7D

haha ffs man i tried for like 5 mins to get the img thing to work. such a fail, i used to know how to forum but the loss of wow meant no forum use lol. youll just have to copy the link to see it

Archived