Utorrent will not download

G2Shooter

Just moved into an apartment building and I cannot torrent anymore. I am using utorrent 1.8. I tried tweaking the settings, made sure my port was forwarded correctly, ran the speed test again, etc. to no avail. The torrents never even begin to download. To make sure I was not downloading a private torrent, I downloaded the test file of Open Office that the guide on this site suggests, and the same thing happened, the torrent did not work. On the tracker tab, local peer discovery and peer exchange are listed as working, but the DHT says "waiting for announce..." I don't think the problem is firewall, b/c utorrent worked at home. The only security software I could think of that is blocking it would be spybot, but I don't think so. Any ideas on what the problem is? Thanks for you time and help.

I have multiple trackers, that range from "connection closed by peer," to "offline (timed out)," to "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it," to "Failure Invalid Passkey," also on another torrent I have, DHT/Local Peer/Peer Exchange are listed as "not allowed." Hope this is what you need. Thanks.

i was messing around with some settings, and I limited the number of incoming connections and limited the upload speed, and now the torrent works, although at a very very slow speed (6 kb/s). Thought I would post this for anyone else who has a similar problem to mine.

hopefully this isnt some mess up in the network and I can continue to torrent.

Archived