RSS login (username and password)

merde

How can I include username and password to a membersite if I add the RSS-feed in uTorrent?

Because of this issue, some of my feeds are not loading, and it would be nice to have a log-output on that aswell. Thanks for a great program - I switched from Az.

Hmm..

The torrent site I use (main one) has a file called getrss.php. You can use "Standard (cookies)" or "Alternative (no cookies)" to create the feed. I wonder, maybe the alternative mode uses that method of login? I was unable to get it to work in TVTAD, but haven't tried in µT yet..

Okay, I think I need some help. I tried to get to Dime and use their feed, as stated above, but I get no responses. I am using 395 and have * before and after each search.

What am I missing?/doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: I found some information and hopefully someone can shed some more light on it for me.

I read in the dime group on yahoo that the dime feed doesn't send info for torrents that have already been downloaded. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. I can't confirm or deny this information, as I can't get any feed to work, at all, that is basic HTTP.

Oh, is that a (relatively) new feature? I've been using that with TVTAD for some time now, and I think TVTAD now has a box to do it. My understanding was (as I originally suggested the :COOKIE: thing) that you still had to have cookie support to do that, and µTorrent doesn't have said support.

Well, I will try again. :D

• 6 months later...

Okay been way too busy to try and test this, but I am going to give it a go again :)

First, thanks for all the great work, everyone on a great product, I greatly appreciate it as do all the people I trade with.

I have tried to connect to the RSS feeds on Dime and OMS and they act like they are connecting but doesn't ever download or update anything. Is there a step that I am missing?

I am using the standard HTTP authentication as that is what Firon has said to use on Dime and OMS. It doesn't give any error, just checks really quick and then says checking in 15 min and such. When I choose the ? it says N/A. I have tried to enter search info and no info same thing. The interesting thing is it does the same thing whether I put in the usename:password info or not.

I have read through all the RSS documenation on the website tried so search for some information via google, the Dime site and OMS to no avail.

Yeah I remember doing that originally back in the beginning to no avail.

The odd thing is if I go to the http sight and put in the RSS feed site, it let's me log in, so I know there is info there (At least for the Dime site). The OMS site says I am not authorized to login. I have to write to the admin of the site as I am a VIP on that site, so it is odd, that i can get to the RSS fee via browser on Dime and nothing happens on OMS, though I can try and see if there is an issue with the RSS feed for OMS later on.

Any suggest for settings. I know most people use RSS for TV shows and such. What about artists? I tried not having anything in the favorites and then tried specific artists that I know there are new torrents, in the last 24 hours, to no avail.

Any help you can give would be great or pass along to someone else who might be able to help.

Thanks again,

K

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived