Port Forwarding issue

talkstosocks

Hello,

I've just moved back to a student house where I was last year. I had a port forwarded then, but now it won't work.

Here's the story:

Router: Belkin F5D7230-4 with wired connection and latest firmware

uTorrent Version: 1.7.7 (build 8179)

uTorrent Settings: on Connection page I have UPnP, NAT-PMP, and "add uTorrent to firewall exceptions" checked

I have the windows firewall turned on and avast! running. Turning either or both off didn't make a difference.

I use the older version of uTorrent because some trackers have banned the latest version.

I have followed the instructions at

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D7230-4/Utorrent.htm

which are incredibly straightforward.

at the end of all of this, I still get the little yellow triangle in the status bar of uTorrent and when I use the link on the speed guide to check if the port is being forwarded it tells me that it isn't. I have called Belkin support and they basically told me that even though I had the settings exactly as they said I should, I was doing something wrong and the router was fine.

any ideas?

need any more info?

thanks bunches

Switeck -

we have a cable modem attached to the router, attached to the computer by ethernet.

I guess the thing that baffles me so much is that it worked perfectly last year.

As to your point about the number of connections, even when I stop all my torrents and just check to see if the port is being routed, it isn't. Does uTorrent make connections even when torrents are stopped?

thanks

Archived