Can I forward port if i'm using a dial up connection?

notorrent

Is there any way to forward port if i'm using a dial-up connection? this is what i get when i type IPconfig / all in the cmd.

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dial-up Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 58.71.197.227(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.213.17.1

Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.11.12.13

Secondary WINS Server . . . . . . : 10.11.12.14

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

I always get the orange triangle saying no incoming connection. when i test the port, it is not open and try to forward the port based on the guide from portforward.com. but i can't find similar situation. then i start thinking that i can't forward port using dial-up connection. is it true? help me please..

Unless you have a router between your computer and the dial-up modem, you can't port forward...and normally wouldn't need to.

But it seems your ISP may be using a router on their side, thus the 10.x.x.x DNS server ips. And there's basically nothing you can do about that...as I doubt UPnP will work through your modem to their router.

:( as i thought.... that is why the yellow triangle keep on appearing and nothing i can do about it.

thank you anyway for the info. i've been cracking my head for few days trying to forward the port and it appears it is for nothing.

btw, if you don't mind to answer me.... what does it mean if the default gateway is 0.0.0.0?

actually i'm using my blackberry as the modem but sometime i used Huawei HSDPA modem to connect and it still give the same yellow triangle. As you said... it was the ISP.... nothing i could do...

I can only guess that when the default gateway is 0.0.0.0 ...it means there's no gateway.

I really don't know.

Cellular and wireless ISPs don't typically give out real internet ips, they just put their customers behind a big business-class router. Customers might be able to pay (a lot!) extra to get port forwarding done or a static internet ip to themselves...but if you gotta ask, you can't afford it. :P

haha... i got it.... that is why i can't get the port forwarding done no matter what I try. At the moment in my country, the fastest connection speed for internet provided by wire ISP is 4mbps. but it sucks. you can't get the 4mbps, it was the maximum speed. If you use torrent the speed will further reduced. That is why I choose the wireless ISP. Now i can't get the port forwading done. both are suck :( I should move to another country.... :)

Archived