trouble finding correct path when uploading!

fubarmalone

im quite new to uploading and at the moment have succesfully u/l 16 albums, my problem is that one minute i can u/l with no problems at all then the next i either start downloading my own stuff or start leeching it, im sure its a problem with utorrent not being able to find the correct path to the folder i have the album in, but im doing nothing different each time i u/l, ive spoke to the mods on my tracker and they agree its something along those lines so if anybody out there has had the same problem and figured out where they were going wrong it would be real good to hear from you, thanks fubar.

Well when you add a torrent, you have the option to tell it where the files are usually. Are you not seeing this dialog? How are you downloading these torrents?

To change the location uTorrent looks for files, STOP, right click, Advanced, set download location, and CLICK on the file/folder for whatever it is you're trying to seed. You can verify it's the right path by checking "Save As" in the General tab.

ok thanks, i do see the dialog you mention and select the correct path everytime, its real hit and miss if utorrent can find it though, im on the verge of giving up because its starting to annoy the site i'm using, i'm going to u/l a couple today and ill try everything you mention, fingers crossed thanks for the advice, ill keep you posted, fubar.

... When you are selecting it using the dialog you need to choose the folder/level ABOVE the one you have the data as.. it's not identical to the right click > advanced > set download location option.

So for instance you save stuff to \Data\Torrents right, and your upload is at \Data\Torrents\ISO files\My_DVD-First_Birthday\dvdimage.iso ... you would in the add dialog select \Data\Torrents\ISO files ... unless it's only one file in which case you'd select \Data\Torrents\ISO files\My_DVD-First_Birthday\dvdimage.iso (click the folder/file) and say OK.

Archived