uTorrent says "Firewalled"

therydan

Hi!

I'm curious to why uTorrent list my connections as being blocked by firewalls when I have already added exceptions? I have only noticed a slow download on one of my transfers (a video file of 170mb, over 9k users in swarm and only 20-50kb/s download on my 100mbit connection)

I have:

* added exceptions in Windows Firewall

* portforwarded from my Netgear WGT624v3 router to my static IP

* in NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.x set it up as according to a private tracker im using: (advanced setup: Antivirus and antispyware->Web Access protection->HTTP->Web browsers; Uncheck utorrent.exe) to prevent some kind of problem.

Is the "Connection firewalled"-icon in utorrent connected to the slow download or was that a fluke?

I'm running on a WinXP x64 system in a wired network where i am the only computer and WPA-protected wireless interface.

/ Daniel

Too many people see their network icon on their desktop reports "100mbit" and just assume that's their internet speed. :P

Many 100 megabit/second cards are lucky to achieve 80% utilization even under the best of conditions too...

"a video file of 170mb, over 9k users in swarm and only 20-50kb/s download on my 100mbit connection"

Either the reported users are faked, you don't have a 100 megabits/second symmetric connection, or your ISP is throttling/crippling/disrupting BitTorrent traffic to almost nothing.

The torrent may be a fake. Are you uploading sustained at the max upload speed you set in uTorrent? (This too is another sign something is dreadfully wrong. Download speed depends more on others than upload speed.)

"Too many people see their network icon on their desktop reports "100mbit" and just assume that's their internet speed."

Yeah, I know what you mean, and i thought by providing that much info it couldn't be misunderstood :D well nvm. :P

I'm not sure if it I am allowed to post where i got the video-torrent from but im 99,9% sure its not fake. http://www.dattebayo.com/t (feel free to edit it out, or I will if it isn't following your guidelines.

My ISP is Bahnhof and I live in Jönköping, Sweden, and I havn't heard anything hinting that they would be that kind of ISP...

I tried again with the same torrent as well with other torrents from a Private tracker but no one seem willing to download in more than 60-80kb/s while i have no problem uploading in 1mb/s (total of 2,5 atm with spikes at 3,5) to both private and public trackers.

In my uTorrent Preferences->Bandwidth I have set my max UL rate at 6000 kB/s and my DL at 0 (unlimited), global connections 1000, connected peers per torrent 125, number of uploads slots per torrent 50 and use additional uploads slots if speed <90%.. This is really frustrating...

I did the test at Glasnost, similar results in all tests

Transfer Speed TCP Speed BitTorrent Conclusion

Download #0 7237 Kbps 7346 Kbps No rate limiting 904 kB/s

Download #1 7338 Kbps 7253 Kbps No rate limiting

Upload #0 2347 Kbps 2293 Kbps No rate limiting 209 kB/s

Upload #1 2329 Kbps 2270 Kbps No rate limiting

I cannot understand the one-sided problem you're having.

Can you test on another computer and/or line?

It's almost nonsensical that you can upload so fast yet download so slowly.

Just for testing, try lowering upload speed a lot.

Your Glasnost tests show very slow speeds as well, like your connection is failing or Glasnost tests cannot download/upload very fast.

Archived