speed issues with singular torrent

uniquescreename4237

Hello, my ports are forwarded and I don't have a firewall. On other torrents I can connect to seeds get much higher download speeds, however on one torrent I can't connect to any seeds.

I have friends who are also downloading the torrent and they are getting more seeders and faster download speeds than me.

I think the problem must stem from the fact that I am getting 0(2) seeds and they are both getting numbers closer to 16(61). Please help me rectify this problem as I would rather not wait '2y 32w' for this download. Thank you.

I'm not running any firewalls, my anti virus is the 'basic version' and I have to pay to the firewall. I know enough about computers to forward ports and determine that I don't have a firewall.

I think that since this is the only torrent that seems to be affected out of several, I can just wait it out. My speed has improved marginally since the time of writing. I am at 11% of this several gig file while my friends are finishing.

I have no knowledge of my ISP's protocols but I very much doubt they are manipulating one torrent. I was just searching for some information on why this phenomonon may occur in torrents as I am not very literate in them, but if the only known ways of addressing speed issues have to do with firewalls or port forwarding I would rather just wait it out.

Thank you anyway,

Because each swarm is different? Awful settings (in a majority of clients) on a small swarm are magnitudes worse than the same problems on a larger swarm size. We can't help you with anything where the problem is the swarm, except to say... only run THAT torrent at once, upload at your 80% of sustained upload capacity... and let it ride. If the seed sees you uploading as fast as it uploads to you you get more pieces.

Archived