Update Tracker gets disabled

theob42

If I recall the earlier versions allowed you to perform a manual "Update Tracker" at anytime the torrent was active. So let me get this straight.

1) The "Update Tracker" will remained grayed out when the torrent is in a "Downloading" or "Seeding" status.

2) The scrape interval is determined by the tracker and not by any setting or tweak available in µTorrrent.

3) A manual update can be performed on a torrent that is in a "Queued Seed" status.

4) If the announce fails, you'll only have to wait 60 seconds to do manual update tracker again, instead of whatever the min interval actually was.

5) You cannot perform a manual "Update Tracker" except for statement (3) or (4).

Is there anything else regarding perfoming a manual update?

1) no. 2) yes. 3) ...no. When it is queued, you get a scrape, not an announce. 4) at minimum, yes. 5) No. You can perform a manual update any time between min_interval and interval (enable and look at those columns easily accessible from the Trackers tab, if you don't like their numbers (politely) ask the tracker admins to look at their numbers as far as load averages go to see if they'll lower them)

• 2 months later...

Well now i have to restart the torrent in order to initiate update tracker, and when the tracker is overloaded i usually lose ratio. That is good if you only leech but but when i cannot connect to get peers its really annoying.

I mean you can do it by restarting the torrent but that are 2 clicks instead of 1 and causes more load to the tracker so i would recommend that you return the option.

when the tracker is overloaded i usually lose ratio.

That is quite simply false. If µTorrent has a problem connecting to trackers, it queues up the totals that have not successfully reached the tracker and accumulates them until the tracker returns a positive response. Hammering the tracker won't improve your ratio one bit.

• 1 month later...

Sorry late on this topic. Recently moved to v1.8.1 and

Quick question, if announce is initiated at STOP, what happens if the announce fails at tracker (timeout etc.) during the STOP process? Reason I ask is that a particular tracker I use has a 2hr interval, if STOP a 1hr 45mins into interval, that could be alot of ratio to lose running at 500KB.

TIA

If announce fails on stop, µTorrent won't discard the downloaded/uploaded amounts (and it'll announce the unannounced amounts the next time the torrent is started) -- unless you exit µTorrent. In that case, it actually does discard the statistics (it would be all to easy to cheat by editing amounts stored between sessions).

Archived