Internet Connection Keeps Disabling then Enabling After Port Forward

dmac26

I followed the guide for my router to a "T" at portforward.com, creating a static IP and all. But my internet connection disables, then automatically enables 5-10 seconds later pretty much every two minutes or so.

When I changed it back the problem ceased, but uTorrent barely runs under normal settings.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

There is something very strange going on and this forum needs to be aware of it. Here is what is happening to me. I had version 1.7 never an issue ever. I downloaded 1.8, never been the same. :>( Here is what happens: If i go to download the download starts, then stops. Then I have no internet connection even though my utility says I am connected at 96% I have no internet connection. I get the webpage not found message. I then turn off the computer, start back up and the download will not restart. I deleted Utorrent and wow, I have internet service again! I then reinstalled Utorrent again, my very first download, starts to download, I go to create port for firewall, it stops again and I have no ISP again. Anytime I start a download of any torrent I lose my connection and have to totally install it again. Very sad.

I have HughesNet (Galaxy Satellite Service), and I'm using a D-Link DIR-615 router. I can access the internet, but it's near impossible to get seeding started and when it does it's painfully slow.

It's just when I set up a static IP and port forward that I have internet connection troubles.

My ISP is ATT.net. I have a wireless connection via a Hawking Technologies model number HWU54D, Wireless-G 2.4 GHz USB 2.0 Wireless Network Adapter. The router is connected to my desktop via ethernet cable. It is a 2wirebrand 2701 HG gateway. My question: If what you say is true, why do I have no problem accessing anything on the internet until I try to download something using Utorrent? And Why did this issue raise it's ugly head (coincidentally)? after I installed 1.8? From what I see in this forum there are many, many issues that have occurred since the roll-out of this new software. And finally why would you Refuse to not let users go back to their previous version until you figure these issues out? Do you really think people are just making this up? What would be the purpose? I would love for this version to be as flawless as the previous one, unfortunately, it as of now, is not. Any help I could get with my issue would be greatly appreciated, until then, this version is useless to me. Thank-you.

Disable DHT, LPD, UPnP, and Resolve IPs.

Reducing half open connection limit to 4 might help slightly too.

All the extra features and lots of connection overhead is cutting into whatever down and up speeds you get on your torrents.

Reduce global and per-torrent maximums even lower than the 2nd link in my signature recommends for your sustainable upload speed max.

• 1 month later...

Archived