Utorrent is noisy !

kokoko3k

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

What do you guys mean by noisy?

For some time now, I've had electronic noise coming through my speakers, and I associate it with my uTorrent use.

By noise, I don't mean a white noise or mild hum. It is LOUD. I assume it is hard drive noise, only amplified through my PC speakers. It happens when watching some online videos or playing MP3's through WinAmp: the regular audio gets replaced with the highly amplified sounds of a hard drive thrashing about. It is most likely to happen during periods of increased uTorrent activity. If something is downloading really fast, I can't listen to MP3's at all or watch most online videos. Even during times of lower activity, the sound can get switched out at random.

Is this the same problem you guys are describing? I've been trying to find a solution for months; if there is something I can change or adjust to keep this from happening, please tell me what to do!

Thanks!

Yes, I see that this is an old thread, and that might upset people, but this is a problem I'm having NOW, and I'm at a loss as to how to resolve it.

Well, yeah, I assume it has something to do with disk usage. The sound that is being amplified is the sound of the hard drive thrashing about.

It could be a combination of a slow computer using onboard sound and heavy disk activity with uTorrent.

Shutting off uTorrent stops the problem, by the way. So, basic troubleshooting indicates it is involved, if only as a catalyst.

I was hoping there was some setting or other I could adjust for a resolution.

Archived