Download Speeds & Port Forwarding

gameboyz

Hi guys,

I realise that I get pretty decent speeds 400kbps.. but when I switch off my computer and start the download the next time I on my com, the speeds sucks. Any way to prevent this? I dunt want to leave my system on overnight; that's wasting electricity.

Also I have port forwarded, but when I upgrade to 1.8, it says my port is not forwarded properly. I have followed the instructions on PortForward.com.

HELP !

I'm using Comodo Firewall.. so I just put utorrent as blocked, then put it as trusted.

Also about the port forwarding, how do I fix it?

Update:

Hey guys.. now the speed is about 100kbps.. barely decent for me..

How do I port forward? And why it takes like, 1/2 hour to get up to decent speeds?

I don't use Comodo, so I don't know how to delete or add firewall entries. :(

There's other posts for how to configure it at this web forum.

Try a search or 2...

Software firewalls and antivirus software gets a little testy if the exe they allow to run or allow internet access to...suddenly changes size and content. Usually, you just click "OK" to a warning box and all is well...but sometimes things don't go that smoothly.

I need help pleeeese!!!!

torrent prog: utorrent 1.8

firewall: windows firewall (exceptions made)

router: linksys WRTGSv7 (forwarding ports just fine)

modem: motorola SB5101 cable modem

isp: infowest (spoke with tech, no p2p blocking)

I thought i had it right with this router, but i seem to me mistaken. version 7 is the closest yet linksys has come to getting it right. i can surf and download at the same time, forward ports, somewhat connect to peers. but what i can't get, is overall download speeds anything over 26kb p/s. it doesn't matter if it's one torrent, or 10 torrents downloading. i have done ALL of the tweaks (and i mean ALL) that i can possibly find on the net. i changed ports, connection settings, bandwidth settings. i have spent hours reading through forums. i have messed with the advanced settings. tried looking for that patch people talk about, and get nothing but redirected.

can someone please tell me how to get decent download speeds?????????

Archived