Moving files around

atownpa

Hi. OK, a very newbie question but I'd like to know how to set uTorrent to find my files if I move them around to different folders from time to time. I want to be able to tell uTorrent where they are so that I can continue to seed them to others. I will probably not move the torrents... just the data files. And while we're on this sort of topic... what would happen if I renamed them? How would I tell uTorrent what their new names are? Thank you. Bill.

I THINK I tried the above, wanted to move a file which had downloaded to disk f to disk g. Followed the instructions above, but now in the "files" window, the line is red, like uTorrent can't find the file. And now it is downloading the file again, since it seems to think the file disappeared. Any ideas?

Here is what I am attempting to to...

I have a new LARGE disk which I would like to use for all torrent files downloaded. I can move the files to this disk, but how do I let uTorrent know where they are located now so when they need to be uploaded they can be found? Obviously I have set uTorrent to download all new files to the new disk.

Thanks, -- Doc

New to 1.8 you can now change individual file locations using Files tab > relocate ... however if you're moving ALL data you should check out Ultima's BFE ... You can find it @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 and want to check out the find/replace function for the data path below each torrent file.

Since uTorrent cannot find it already, you'll have to right click, force recheck after pathing it through the GUI... if you have to perform this for alot of torrents/data you should stop uTorrent normally, then use BFE to mass change things for you. backup your resume.dat before you proceed though incase something goes wrong

Archived