Port Forwarding Issue; weird problem.

Foffo

Hi everybody.

I've been using uTorrent for a while with decent upload/download rate but now, for some reason, my speed went all the way down to a maximum of 10/15 kb/s per torrent.

In the first place I followed the tutorial on PortForwarding to set a static IP address on my PC in order to forward ports on my router. I have a U.S. Robotics 9105 SureConnect (I used the 9106 tutorial since it's the same).

uTorrent always worked fine untill few days ago. I always managed to forward ports but now I can't seem to do it anymore! The port forwarding test included in uTorrent just gives me error, saying that I didn't forward the ports.

I tryed to set the static IP all over again but it didn't help at all.

The only thing that I can think of is a reset of the router I made few days ago, since it didn't connect to the internet anymore. Of course all data I inserted about port forwarding in the router got lost and even though I follow the same process from before I can't get the ports to work. uTorrent just gives me that annoying red dot on the bottom :l

I am looking for help, I already lost the whole day looking for a solution 8(

Thank you very much, bye!

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Could you explain me what is the DHCP start & end IP? ^^' Probably that's the problem since I find that my static IP doesn't match with anything else but I don't know how to check it out. If you could explain me where to find the DHCP IP I could check if I went out of it's range.

Thank you!

Usually it's an option in your router setup screen for DHCP. Your static LAN IP can be something really high or really low. Valid numbers are usually 2 through 254, so I'd start with something like 250. When you manually set that in your network configuration in windows, you may need to dis/en-able your adapter, and then you'll connect to the network, or not. Be sure you keep the correct (W.X.Y.Z) Y number. Yours appears to be 192.168.1.Z where you use the Z you set yourself in the LAN setup for your computer.

Is it possible the ISP changed/updated your firmware for the modem requiring checking through all the setup pages again?

Actually I found something weird...my Default Gateway is X.Y.123.Z, while my routers IP is X.Y.1.Z....I clearly remember that my DG was the same as my router's IP...could that give some kind of problems?

Regarding a firmware update....I'll check it out ^^

I've been looking around but I didn't find a solution...how do I reset the Default Gateway? y.y

Again, thank you for the help :)

Edit: oh I tried to visit that Default Gateway IP from my Browser and it asks me to insert a username and a password to access the USR8054...but I never heard about that :l Looks like it's another router...is that normal?

Sounds like you can't do anything about it.. in which case, I'd call up your ISP after looking around with anything else you can get from that IP... make/model maybe, definitely search for that keyword... Ask them whether you should be gatewaying to yet another router, and why you can't login to THAT router if it's the POP (say it like ... sounds like "hop on pop"... stands for point-of-presence, fancy way of saying where your ISP turns into "your line").

Archived