Can't get torrents to work

Ruined Embrace

I changed ISP recently. I went from dsl to cable. I was able to download torrents with dsl but now I have a wireless cable modem. The Motorola SBG900 to be exact. I forward the port that uTorrent is using but when I test it, it says it hasn't been forwarded. I have no clue what to do and the torrent is just setting there, red. I have turned the firewall that's in the modem off completely. I just don't understand.

... You don't want to run without a firewall if you only have a modem. The fact it's wireless means it has a router in it. . .it has to. You need to setup a forwarding rule (under port forwarding) to your IP start > run > cmd /k ipconfig /all If you don't know the IP check the default gateway.

Also http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm may have your SBG as well as find it in a search on this forum.

I've already forwarded a port to my IP. Here's what I get when uTorrent checks the port though:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 14392 on 24.117.56.188...

Error! Port 14392 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

I've been to the portforward.com website and have done exactly what they say but it doesn't work. Actually, I did it before I went there and the uTorrent portforwarding checker sent me there and I was hoping it would give me some info. It just told me what I had already done. Anymore info would be much appreciated.

Archived