Low download speeds and peers dissappear

corpses3

Hey guys

My problem basically is(using comcast) dl's are pretty low, and it's like download speeds keep going down, till they dissappear. Many of them start at 0.1kb and then swoosh gone. Pretty weird. Don't have any dl limit, lazypeer=true. Most flags are dIXE, DHIXE, udHXIE.

Using a Netgear wireless, speeds were preetty low before I used the wireless router too, now they just seem a bit more lower.

Any help is appreaciated

ComCast problems...I'm on ComCast too.

Normally they don't disrupt BitTorrent traffic if you're not seeding...but I guess it depends on area or during peak hours they might block more.

If you get the green light in uTorrent, you probably just need to set encryption to FORCED outgoing and disallow incoming legacy (unencrypted) connections.

Disable DHT, LPD, UPnP, and Resolve IPs.

Reducing half open connection limit to 4 might help slightly too.

Last, try the 2nd link in my signature. Lower tier ComCast connections typically have 1 megabit/second max upload while upper tier ones have 2 megabit/second max upload. DON'T use higher than your line can sustain, or your problems will just get worse. :(

Thx for the replies. Well Green light was on but only if uPNP enabled. Tried pretty much everything on and off. It's a tad better now, avg dl per torrent is like 20-30 now :), was like 5 before.

Oh just got a 300 kb peer on a torrent, crazy stuff. Still peer dl speed keeps going down till they dissappear, its just now they stay a little longer. What to make out of all this :(

Not using any FW nor AV, Site downloads go up to 400kb's, online gaming is normal. Only torrrents are slow. Was on Comcast at the other place too, same thing. My friends FIOS has no problems with torrents. The only reason I posted was bcus at this place, torrents are insanely slow. Thx for the help guys.

Archived