Latest vers Utorrent not as good?

davepdbear

Not likely. But it's better to keep them in your signature than not to. Whenever you post it's a "psst click here" for people who read.

You need to provide more information, and stop seeding so many torrents at once. Your speed is xx/384 or close to, check the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) you are trying to seed 70 more torrents than you can at once.

Thank you littlefire. My net max half open is set to 3. Too many seeding? Ok, I was just making sure I wasn't labelled a 'leech'. I will stop all that have seeded past a ratio of 1.5. Switeck, thank you, I did follow recommendations in 1st and second links in your signature, my settings are now as you suggest. I am just using windows SP3 Firewall, utorrent .exe is in my exception list. I have tested my ports, I am using a fixed address. I am using NOD32 Business edition ver 3.0.669.0 and have read the posts related to this anti virus. Swithed to nod after I blamed Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite for my probs. I have actually switched back to utorrent ver 1.7.7 with little difference so I cant blame ver 1.8, must have been a coincidence that it seemed to happen after the update. I have asked my ISP, exetel, if they throttle P2P and they deny the practice. So I am still in the dark, thank you both for your assistance I do appreciate your support. I will check again if you have another suggestion, I will also let you know if reducing my uploads solve my problems. Thanks Again

;) Sure thing. The thing about having so many started via the queue.. you upload MUCH LESS per torrent than if you left the queueing settings like Ctrl-G set, and just let them rotate on-demand. I can understand if you need to keep a new one seeding 24/7, that's what right click > force start is for... temporary bypassing queue rules.

If there are rules in your tracker(s) about minimum seeding times, changing the queue rules after starting might label you something bad, but alerting them to your rotational changes as an explanation should suffice for now. For later, don't start so many torrents at once so you'd have them queue at a bad time. :) Also be sure you're setting the queue rules appropriately.

Archived