Found a new bug with the latest version of Utorrent

softgator

Hi.

I am using windows vista ultimate 64bit SP1, and the latest version of Utorrent is installed: Version 1.8, build 11813.

The bug is, once I've started a new torrent and it has start downloading, say in the middle I wanna limit the upload speed, it will reduce the download speed to something like 10 kb/s, then I have to restart the torrent all over to get back to the normal speed.

with the older version of Utorrent it doesn't happen.

Any idea?

I must be paranoid. I am useing the latest version of 1.8 on xp sp 2. at the moment i am uploading to 2 torrents which i started. one today one a few weeks ago and in the latter have uploaded a minimum of 70 gbs. I have dissalowed certain people who i feel do not share. Naturally i often get two or three seeds in the latter ( the shaolin story ) so will disengage. Then i go and check -no seeds. On checking the actual file which is about 4 gbs there is then varying amounts in it ( a few minutes ago it was 99mbs) I delete it return the full file and start re-seeding The peers then come back at a much reduced no. Some have totally disapeared and a seed. This movie has never been uploaded before? It is now on paid for sites in different formats. After such a long time of uploading this i now NEVER allow these people to upload - of course they can by useing normal methods and are doing so in my new upload 'the first shaolin' any way of stopping this disruption ? This by the way is my second time of uploading the first shaolin.

Archived