Availability turns red

scubaboy04

What does the icon exactly tell you; by becoming red, for example, is it telling you that your port isn't opened?

If your port isn't opened, you can easily remedy this by randomizing a new port. If it's still becoming red, then there's something closing your ports. Malware? Internet provider? Who knows. Hopefully it's not your service provider being a douche :)

P.S. I'm assuming that your uTorrent is not DL'ing or UL'ing like it should, since your post is telling me that everything is turning red, thus not working. Or are you saying that uTorrent is just acting funny (i.e. telling you that it's not working right, though it really is)? Either way, if I misinterpreted something, it just means that you're not being specific enough. Thought I just throw this out just in-case.

No, it isn't downloading. What I meant to say was that it turns to a yellow sign, which says No incoming connections, unless the icon turns green it could mean a problem with your network configuration. Obviously it isn't my internet though, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this. :-D

If you're looking for the info, here it is: I've tried the things listed in your post, i changed the speed to 1Mb, the light is yellow, port is 16147, which it says is working, it's at 1Mbit, net.max_halfopen says 8, I'm on xp, i have mcafee security center installed, my router is a dlink, but i dont know what the modem is, and im using verizon fios. Does this help?

Archived