I reinstalled my OS, how do I get utorrent running like it did before

jonq

Hello. I just recently reinstalled windows on my machine and because of it the drive letters were all mostly changed and utorrent no longer is able to find any of my downloaded files. Everything has a little "x" on it. I tried changing the download locations in the preferences but still the the x's. I also tried a "force Re-check". It would be really awesome if I could get this running like it it since I use utorrent almost as a file download manager and often launch files directly from it.

Hi Ultima, all my files have the error message "Error: Can't open .torrent file: [insert file path here lol]"

(I had to re-install my OS because of spywaye infection ugh... any good [free] antivirus/spyware protection for WinXP?) I even tried to "open containing folder" and the error message comes up too saying it can't find the file or directory.

Why ye I did make a backup :D, thanks for the info I whill try this out right a way.

Edit: It's not working for me. If I change just the path to the file then it says my .torrent location can't be found. If I change the .torrent path it says "Error: Invalid download state, try resuming"

Edit2: Ok I think I've reached a breakthrough, change both then do a force re-check

Archived