ports, IP address..the whole works

mg1

OK, I hope you can help as I attempted to solve this problem until the wee hours of last night…then I surrendered to defeat. I download uTorrent 1.8 from their website and installed it in Windows XP SP3 per directions. Internet connection is Bell South DSL, DL speed 2292kb/s & upload 296kb/s. I am running a Dlink router, EBR-2310, and I followed instructions on the Dlink site for ports. I established a static ISP as instructed (192.xxx..x.xxx). Both the router and uTorrent show the same port being used. Here is the trouble…and there is lots of it. When I check the port forwarding via Utorrent under options, the port shows closed, and the EXTERNAL IP address is a 74.162.xx.xxx number...located 20 miles away. The download page, at the bottom, shows the amber colored "Yield sign" indicating "no incoming connection"…then for a second I get the "green check"….then back to the yield sign. On top of all this I'm not sure of what speed I should have checked under Options on uTorrent. I'm all ears…….

Just because you don't receive a reply in 10 minutes doesn't mean you need to bump your thread. This is a forum -- not instant support. That I'm replying in a short amount of time doesn't mean this is how forums normally operate. Stop being impatient, and do provide all of the requested information.

Archived