Vista and utorrent problems

tabu

I have Vista64 Ultimate and i noticed the following problem. When utorrent is running my internet connection gets delayed like hell. Even 30 secs in loading google page. If utorrent isnt running then all my browsers are working fine, pages are loading instantly. I tested several times and I'm sure utorrent is the cause. Windows mail client is delayed as well so i take it that my connection is delayed. I reinstalled utorrent, deleted the old settings, and for the first torrents worked well. Now i have 4 torrents in the utorrent client and the delay reappeared, not that big, but still noticeable and annoying.

Do you have any advise on this problem? or i need to migrate to another torrent client?

checked the firewall, set the upload speed and this:

- lowered net.max_halfopen to 4

- disabled IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

- disabled DHT

- disabled UPnP and NAT-PMP

- disabled peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false

- lowered lowering maximum global number of connections to 100

the thing is that utorrent is working fine, only that the other internet applications dont work properly when utorrent is running.

• 2 weeks later...

I experienced the same problems.

Also running Vista 64bit ultimate.

All other pc's in network (connected on the same router, a switch before the router,...) are still surfing just fine.

My (new) pc started doing this after a motherboard swap (had some hardware compatibilty problems between ram, motherboard and raid).

An other client (Vuze) is just working fine on the pc and not getting me these problems...

hope I can help with this issue..

Archived