Error: Access Denied

Chilinjob

I need Help getting over this. I dont have nither google or Msn desktop. I have a new PC and one of the first things the i did was getting rid of the google desktop services that comes with vista.

In the FAQ page they suggest that a fix is to turn off diskio.flush_files, ¿How do i turn that off???

It's also possible that Explorer is trying to read the media files (MP3, AVI and so on) in the folder to make thumbnails, show you information about them, or preview them. You can unregister the media indexer (Start -> Run -> regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll ), and/or unregister the image indexer (Start -> Run -> regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll ) as an alternative for either case, not view the folder, or turn off flush files.

Is it really safe to do this??¿What is this, is this going to harm anything??

Well thats about it

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

And there's nothing unsafe about unregistering either of those DLLs. If worse comes to worse, you can always re-register them by removing the /u from the command. If you use Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, unregistering shimgvw.dll will cause it to no longer work.

Archived