Torrents stop uploading / drop upload speeds

jocasee

Hello there,

I have followed every guide that was shown on this site (i think... prove me wrong) and i can't figure out the solution to my issue. I have great download speeds, up to 1.3MB/s. During my download, my upload speeds are okay, getting up to 50kB/s. As soon as the file is done downloading, the upload speeds drop drastically, below 1kB/s, and never recovers from there. I am trying to maintain a decent share ratio, you know, join the seed community. I have enabled peer.lazy_bitfield and it didn't do anything for me. Like i said, great upload speeds during download time, and after download, upload speeds crash.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Your ISP, Cox Cable, is doing it. They're using SandVine, just like ComCast is doing, to kill seeding with RST packets to break connections.

You need to set encryption to FORCED outgoing and disallow incoming legacy (unencrypted) connections.

Disable DHT, LPD, UPnP, and Resolve IPs (right-click in PEERS window).

If you get the green light in uTorrent, reducing half open connection limit to 1-4 might help slightly too.

Last, try the 2nd link in my signature.

NOTE: These settings are based on sustainable UPLOAD speed max rather than download...which may be 4-50 times faster.

Archived