utorrent 1.8 stable memory leak?

ectweak

Hello. I am experiencing the same problem with utorrent. I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and just today i noticed the memory usage as windows blue screened on me.

I have a quad core q9550, 4gb mushkin XP2 1066, and a WD 640AAKS. The problem is that in task manager (running windows vista ultimate SP1) utorrent uses about 40mb of memory but when it is on the memory usage grows accordingly to my upload, so if i upload 2gb the memory usage grows by 2gb. When i close utorrent the memory usage suddenly drops and when i start utorrent again it does the same thing as before. The odd thing is that until today i didn't experience this problem. I did not install anything today and i have been running utorrent 1.8 since i installed windows. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem because it's really starting to annoy me. I tried al the options in disk cache including manual override, enabled/disabled the caching of disk reads, I tried every possible combination. I don't think it's the antivirus as i saw in an earlier post as i have bitdefender internet security 2008. These picture were taken when i was uploading with 2.6mb/s http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/k4yce/mu.jpg http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr104/k4yce/mu2.jpg. Again I hope someone figures this out.

Weird thing. Just now my tracker said i was NOT CONNECTABLE (don't know how that happened)although i still upload the memory usage problem seems to have stopped for now and i am uploading at 3mb/s. I'll get back later when i become connectable again.

hmm

well, a few days has passed, and the only problem seemed to be random lockups of windows...

suddenly, today there were 626MB of 500MB in my cache being used, with 1 write to disk performed...

I'm not sure what would cause this... but I'm guessing it's related to my problems from before...

I don't know if firefox is causing a problem that may be having a domino effect, and not actually hooking into the utorrent process...

also, on crashes, it deletes all of my loaded torrents...

not TOO much of a hassle though, as I save them to disk

*EDIT* Here's what it's looking like again...

qqgmninunc0x48yjrg7_overflow2_thumb.png

Archived