Is µTorrent "securely" removing files?

Nyent

Hey,

Today I've mistakenly deleted the data of the wrong completed torrent via µTorrent and I've noticed that µTorrent uses a "secure" method of deleting files.

The secure method is actually emptying the file's content to make it a 0-bytes file and then delete it. By using this method it makes it almost impossible to recover the file with data recovery software.

As I don't have anything to hide on my computer, and that file recovery and save hours of work and downloading, this feature is causing more trouble than it helps, so I'd like to know how would I turn it off.

P.S. If anyone knows of a file recovery software that could recover deleted files even if the "secure" method was used (either free or commercial), please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I've disabled the recycle bin, and I do not have any program that modifies the way files are deleted. What would cause files deleted from uTorrent appear as 0 bytes sized files in file recovery software? (I've tried several, all display the deleted files as 0 bytes, but they display and restore other deleted files correctly)

Could anyone test this issue to confirm it's a bug with uTorrent and not a problem specific to my computer?

Thanks in advance.

Archived