Anyway to get better encryption???

Giant

Hi,

Please don't complain about my english im not use to write in this language...

I was wondering if there is some way to ''tweak'' the encryption in Utorrent. Cause the compagnie that provide me internet is blocking my speed at 30 kb/s from 2pm to 2am and that really pissed me off!

Before, the normal encryption was ok but since they publiclly annonce that they were blocking p2p it seem that is not working anymore.

I am using the 1.8.1 version, don't tell me to change provider cause their all the same around here...

Thanks in advance for your answer

-Giant

Hi,

Thanks for the info... but im still stuck at 30 kb/s. I forgot to say in my first post that I never get the maximum speed (I used to...). My connection is a 2.5 MB/s and the provider never alloy more than 550 kb/s for my torrent, even in the middle of the night! By the way im suppose to get 7mb/s, never got near that. Vive le Québec Libre! Always behind everyone in everything... specially for internet, ****! Sorry for the ''to much of emotion'' :)

And thanks again for the help.

-Giant

If your ISP ever peers aka "connects" to Bell/Sypatico there's not much you can do. They shape all traffic during that timeframe. It may not be your ISPs problem even. They could be trying their best to give you service that you pay for... See if you can talk to a technician with your ISP and ask them if this is the case. I'd ask to "talk to your manager"... or uhm, in helpdesk talk, "escalation" of the problem (to a higher level of technician) until they can answer your question if they're a reseller with Bell and are shaped by their peering partners.

Archived