why limit download speed?

neo_01

I limit my upload speed with Netlimiter.

When i limit utorrents upload speed, its download speed is become low.

I think utorrent have limiter inside it.

WHY?

And witch is the version number, before dont have limiter?

(sorry, my english is very bad.)

Well then on the particular torrents ur downloading there isn't enough bandwidth floating around in the swarm for you to be uploading as little as you want. If you want high download speeds, then upload as high as you can (80% of total upload). If you still have further speed problems, then take your problem to the speed problems forum.

I have 1.5m/384k ADSL. I have my UL capped at 30 in Utorrent and can get downloads upwards of 175 at times, though usually between 40-80 most of the time. Not too bad.

Can that new SPEED TEST thing be used to auto-configure Utorrent for the most efficient upload/download? Or is it still better to do it manually?

Thanks.

my connection: 4-5mb down, 512kb up. I can maintain 500kB/s down on the kanotix dl server, and gaim maxes my upload at 55-60kB/s

so why does the speed wizzard cap my 512kb upload at 175kB/s, and set my max connection value to 700-something?

lol, I thought that max connection values over 500 were bad...though I've found that 544 is actually a good number for me..

lol, guess that's why betas are betas :P

The speed wizard is a good starting point and probably good enough for most people, but you may be able to tweak it some to improve the speeds. Just don't use stupid connection values, for the love of God.

I think the Speed Wizard is a very good addition. Should help most everybody get solid speeds, I would think. :)

Archived