uTorrent always re-checking torrents

BlackWolf

hi there,

I recently got a new computer and installed vista 64 on it. I had winXP32 before and no problems at all.

Anyways, my problem is that uTorrent is always (re-)checking my torrents when I start it. I never had this problem on my old computer. I often use a timer to shut down my computer, so uTorrent isn't always closed "properly", maybe that has something to do with it, but I did that on my old XP-computer too and never experienced any problems.

Any ideas how to solve this?

thanks

Are you forcing it closed at shutdown with any kinda tweak/command or by killing it? Have you tried removing any junk programs from the computer? What Internet security, anti-virus, and/or firewall software are you using? If the above fails you can try enabling bt.graceful_shutdown in Preferences > Advanced.

well, I honestly don't know how uTorrent is closed. The command executed is the shutdown command of vista, and I guess vista just kills everything running, but I don't really know ... .

I don't think it's any malware or something like that, the system was installed just yesterday plus I already did a virus scan today (ad-aware) and I don't have any signs of malware - the files downloaded are totally fine btw and not corrupted in any way.

I'll try the graceful_shutdown approach, thanks for that.

graceful_shutdown didn't really help.

Seems like uTorrent is closed too fast, maybe because my new computer is way faster than my old one.

I mean, re-checking isn't THAT bad, just takes a little time, but if anyone has any ideas on how to avoid this that would be great :-) Maybe someone knows a tweak in vista or something so it gives applications a little more time to close.

Archived