WebUI on Windows Mobile 6.1 (HTC Touch Diamond)

deandavis1

I just wanted to let people know that it seems the WebUI v0.310 seems to work great with my HTC Touch Diamond, but v0.361 does not.

v0.361 seems to hang on the flash loading screen... use v0.310 for now.

I think the HTC comes with flash lite v2.1. Maybe v0.361 requires some flash not supported in Flash Lite 2.1.

Just a little update. I just loaded flash v3.1 on my HTC Touch diamond but it has not fixed the webui. v0.310 still works (and loads with with a "loading bar") v0.361 does not work (locks on loading with a "loading circle").

I still suspect it is a flash version issue. I wonder if the author could compiling it with an older version of flash for us to try :o)

------ edit

Hi Directix, Oh it really looks like a flash interface... especially with the "loading" graphics. My bad.

HTC uses the Opera Mobile 9.5. Its not a big deal because version 0.310 works really well, but I guess at some stage there are going to be new features as we move forward... happy to test anything.

------edit

Same thing happens on MS Mobile IE... It just gets stuck on the "loading screen". If its not a Flash thing is it a JAVA support issue maybe?

Well seeing the problem is similar on Opera and Windows Mobile IE I am guessing that it is a JavaScript error associated between Windows Mobile and WebUI v0.361. I have done a little research and it it looks like you can enable error tracking but it looks to require key changes which scares me being a novice. I hope someone with a PPC and a little more experience can get this and future versions working. It is really a great interface on a PPC and easy to add torrents.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, someone should make a version working with Windows Mobile.

that way we can add torrents and such without being on a computer at all.

The PPC Version doesnt need to be updated as often as the normal WebUI, maybe every third update or such?

I already know alot of people that wants this..

Gotta give credit to Ultima for scrapping this together. It does not give you any control or monitoring of existing torrent activity, but it'll allow you to start a torrent when you're out and about from either uploading a file, or posting the direct link!

This was exactly what I needed, so if you need any additional features, no help for you there. Sorry. This works great on my HTC 8925 under IE and Opera. The only thing is that opera does not acknowledge that the file was received, whereas IE brings up a page with the build # on it.

From http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=362294#p362294

<html>

<head>

<title>µTorrent Uploader</title>

</head>

<body>

<div id="token" style="display: none;">##TOKEN##</div>

<iframe name="dummy" src="about:blank" style="display: none; width: 0; height: 0;"></iframe>

<div class="cont">

<form action="./?action=add-file" onsubmit="return (!!this.torrent_file.value);" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" target="dummy" id="add_file">

<label for="torrent_file">Torrent file:</label> <input type="file" name="torrent_file" /> <input type="submit" value="Add File" />

</form>

<hr />

<form action="./?action=add-url" onsubmit="return (!!this.s.value);" method="get" target="dummy" id="add_url">

<input type="hidden" name="token" value="##TOKEN##" />

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="add-url" />

<label for="s">Torrent URL:</label> <input type="text" name="s" /> <input type="submit" value="Add URL" />

</form>

</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var token = document.getElementById("token").innerHTML;

document.getElementById("add_file").action = "./?token="+token+"&action=add-file";

document.getElementById("add_url").token.value = token;

</script>

</body>

</html>

Save it to index.html, add it to a zip file called webui.zip and replace the existing webui.zip.

And if anyone ever puts all the WebUI features together into a standalone app, they'll be a god in my eyes. Pity i cant code...

• 10 months later...
quote:kd4zqe

Gotta give credit to Ultima for scrapping this together. It does not give you any control or monitoring of existing torrent activity, but it'll allow you to start a torrent when you're out and about from either uploading a file, or posting the direct link!

This was exactly what I needed, so if you need any additional features, no help for you there. Sorry. This works great on my HTC 8925 under IE and Opera. The only thing is that opera does not acknowledge that the file was received, whereas IE brings up a page with the build # on it.

From http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php … 94#p362294

Are you still using this method? I want to try it on my kaiser!

It would be great to intiate a download remotely within WM6.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived