utorrent is not working at all on my HP laptop (no downloading)

dzonatanas

Before one or two years I was using old version of utorrent on my laptop and evrythink was working perfect, but I needed to format hdd and reinstall windows. I wait smth like half a year and installed utorrent again now it is not working. There is no firewall in that laptop, only antivirus, but utorrent wasn't working before antivirus install too. I thought maybe it is ISP problem maybe they are forbiding to use torrent protocol. Then I connect desktop PC to the same internet line and utorrent was working perfectly. So where can be the problem? Plz help if u have any ideas. Thanks in forward.

PS. PC has windows xp SP2 installed, if u need any hardware info I can provide it later cose PC is not mine, I just wrote evrythink in first person :D for easier understanding

Try the 1st link in my signature.

The likely cause is a blocking firewall (software OR hardware) is preventing uTorrent from working properly.

You may need to get HijackThis!, Process Explorer, and TCP View -- all mentioned in the 1st link of my signature. (TCP View comes from the same place as Process Explorer.)

2nd link of my signature can at least be used to rule out whether your settings are likely too high for your connection. Many people don't know how little upload they have. :(

I already checked that troubleshooter before, but I haven't find anythink good there. And as I said it is system with newly installed windows + no firewall + if I use the same internet connection with other pc utorrent works normally so speed is good+ third utorrent worked on that laptop before. And if again about that troubleshooter what is most coomon problems to look if not including firewall, upload thing.

PS. I love hijackthis so I will try it maybe the laptop user installed smth he does not know about

Looks like utorrent is downloading but speed is too slow, but before 0,7 a year evrythink was fine with same speed ( laptop user uses vodafone cheapest plan).

We wil try reinstall OS and use utorrent on plain install. Maybe it will help.

yeah but, there was almost no installs on that pc only photoshop antivirus, some type of media player and office, some windows updates.

Anyway we are reinstalling windows and will test maybe it is hardware fault.

Btw windows xp is Russian verion maybe this couses the problem?

And we got some other strange problems after windows reinstall (the start menu is expanding but we can't access All Programs menu, plus than I tinstall some programs their folders is not apearing in start menu), dunno what to do, maybe laptop is failing

Archived